Thursday, November 11, 2010

Be Nice

Note reads: The world is a better place because you are in it.
We can all thank Thumper for the phrase, "If you can't say something nice don't say nothin' at all."  I and probably many of you have said this phrase more often in our best snotty-nose kid voices than we have heartfeltly meant it.  I've repented and am now joining Melissa, who is genuinely trying to make the world better, one "Nice assignment" at a time.  It all started with a NICE gentleman on an elevator and now her blog Operation Nice inspires people to be NICE everyday. 

Each week Melissa gives out a "Nice assignment" to motivate each of us to do NICE things for our friends, neighbors and even complete strangers.  I really enjoy reading the Nice Testimonials from people sharing nice things they do or are done in their behalf.  Maybe someday I'll even share my Nice experiences.  It is a great blog to inspire me (and you) to be a better person, make you smile and even tear up a little (I'm a girl, what can I say).
Try being Nice with this weeks assignment; to celebrate world kindness day this Saturday.

No comments: