Monday, October 25, 2010

SLC Cooking Classes

A few years ago I was looking for something unique to give my older brother for his birthday.  What do you get for the guy that "doesn't have everything," but who seems to want nothing?  How about a little sister-brother bonding in the kitchen. 
I grew up wanting to be a chef (bring on memories of hours play with my Fisher Price kitchen and making concoctions while watching Julia Child).  My big brother has become the family chef, making delicious dishes from gumbo to sushi.  So I  thought a cooking class from Sur La Table would be perfect for us, two food lovers.  I signed us up for the Knife Essentials class since what man doesn't like to wield a large butcher knife. We had a fun evening learning about all the different types of knives, their uses, best brands and we even made dinner using our knife skills (yes they taught us how to wield those super sharp knives safely).
I just received the fall cooking class schedule and I'm excited to take another class.  And to the gentlemen out there, this is a great date idea.  They have special "date night" classes which are sure to win you bonus points with your lady.
Check out the local Salt Lake City cooking classes from Orson Gygi and Sur la Table.

Orson Gygi Cooking Classes

Sur la Table Cooking Classes in SLC

No comments: