Monday, December 6, 2010

Round 2 of Blonde’s Christmas Music Favorites

I previously posted on some of my favorite Christmas Holiday Albums.
Here are some more.



Disco Noel
Unfortunately, I do not own this album in electronic form and must rely on others’ record players to get me through the holidays. I first heard this album in high school because some friends found it at the local DI and decided it would be a fun adventure and boy-howdy was it. I found my copy on ebay.
Favorite song: Jingle Bells



Hotel Café presents…Winter Songs
Some traditional, some non-traditional Christmas songs by your favorite female artists. Do yourself a favor and delete Katy Perry’s version of White Christmas upon arrival, otherwise it might make you throw up. Of all the butcherings of classic Christmas songs, hers is all the leftover gross stuff that they meld together to make hot dogs, but pre-hot dog so you have to sit and look at it.
Favorite song: Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson



Christmas Portrait by The Carpenters
Few can rival the mellifluous sound of Karen Carpenter's voice. Have her sing Christmas songs and you have Christmas Magic.
Favorite song: Merry Christmas Darling

Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer by Relient K
If you thought that punk rock and Christmas did not go together then golly are you in for a surprise. Upbeat takes on traditional Christmas songs as well as some new ones of their own.
Favorite song: We Wish You a Merry Christmas


Christmas Eve and Other Stories by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
More Upbeatness with the electric guitar. I can’t help it, I loves me some Trans-Siberian Orchestra for Christmas. My blonde sister introduced me to their intense Christmas array when she started hosting Trans Siberian Orchestra parties at her apartment every week until Christmas (and PS she started in October).
Favorite song: Christmas Eve in Sarajevo


December by George Winston
Need to wind down? I often do and this is the perfect blend of piano prettiness and Christmas favorites.
Favorite song: Variations on the Kanon by Pachabel

More from the Christmas vault of songs I do not love: Christmas Shoes, no matter who sings it. If you like it fine, but if you value our friendship, don’t tell me you like it.

No comments: