Thursday, January 13, 2011

MMM Peanut Butter

Isn't peanut butter scrumptious. I have probably eaten my weight in peanut butter at least 5 times over in my short 27 years (most of my body weight is probably made up of peanut butter). Growing up my mom made us this delicious PB treat. Needless to say, Peanut Butter Popcorn was the first recipe Tina the Cook ever memorized.  If memory serves me well, I made and consumed 3 batches of the sugary popcorn in a matter of hours with my fam one chilly Utah fall afternoon.
The ingredients are simple and growing up we always had them in stock (my mom is kind of a popcorn fanatic). This is an easy go-to snack for family time. At least once a month you can find me at the stove with my handy "Whirley Pop" making Peanut Butter Popcorn for game nights with friends.


12 cups popped popcorn (no butter, so no microwave stuff)
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Peanut Butter (I like to used the crunchy style, but creamy is great too)
1 Tbs Vanilla

Pop popcorn. Don't forget to sort out any kernels that didn't pop or that may have burned. Set popcorn aside in large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, add Karo syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil stirring continuously. Heat until the sugar is dissolved (mixture will be clear). Stir in peanut butter. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is covered.
Enjoy immediately, careful it is hot.

Yummy plain popcorn - don't put butter on it

Karo Syrup and Sugar

I like using crunchy peanut butter  - gives it an extra crunch

Sugary peanut butter mixture

Final product - ENJOY

No comments: